Solid State Logic | SSL The BUS+ | 2-Ch Bus Compressor w/ Dynamic EQ & 4 Mode Operation
If there is a single piece of analogue processing equipment that is synonymous with SSL, it must be the SSL Bus Compressor. From the very first commercially released SSL 4000 B console in 1976 and through many generations of SSL consoles that have followed, the Bus Compressor has always been the stalwart of the console centre section.
For many of the world’s top engineers and producers, the Bus Compressor continues to be the most relied upon processing tool for making mixes sound bigger and more complete, with drive and energy from adding that legendary SSL glue and punch.
With THE BUS+, Solid State Logic have been on a mission to create the ultimate and most versatile incarnation of the Bus Compressor ever. The bedrock of the design remains faithful to the original circuit and using this as the foundation, they’ve built upon it, adding several unique colouration options and advanced processing tools. If you need it to be clean and punchy like the SuperAnalogueTM 9000 Series version, it can be. If you need it to be gritty and grungy like an early 4000E, it can do that also. Or if you need over-the-top, saturated parallel compression for the drums, THE BUS+ has got you covered.
THE BUS+ circuit design not only utilises high-grade components, such as the 2181 THAT VCAs in the audio path for superior analogue performance, it is also incredibly flexible, offering four modes of operation and 3 distinct compression colouration options that can be combined to perfectly suit the genre you’re working on. As if that wasn’t enough, THE BUS+ features an all-new Dynamic Equaliser, a Transient Expander and comprehensive connectivity and routing options.
THE BUS+ is the ultimate SSL Bus Compressor.
- Packs 5 decades of SSL Bus Comp tech into a convenient rackmount unit
- Contains 100% analog circuitry, with stepped, digitally controlled front-panel pots
- 2 channels with 4 modes of operation: Classic Stereo, Σ S/C Stereo, Dual Mono, or Mid-Side
- Authentic SSL Bus Compressor circuit with high-performance 2181 THAT VCAs
- Multiple compression modes based on the XLogic, early 4K, and more supplies maximum sonic flexibility
- Negative compression ratios give rise to creative pumping effects
- Attack and Release time constant options, plus an Auto 2 setting, unlock added versatility
- 2 ranges of precision MDAC-controlled make-up gain
- Variable sidechain highpass filter makes tailoring the compressor's behaviour a piece of cake
- Mix control supplies dead-simple parallel compression
- Super-accurate moving-coil gain-reduction meters
- Includes an unlockable Transient Expander bonus mode
- 2-band, parallel dynamic D-EQ includes LF and HF bands
- 16 selectable frequency points per band gives you plenty of sound-shaping options
- Includes both Compress and Expand modes
- 3 choices of time constants for each EQ band: Nominal, Fast, or Auto
- Each EQ band boasts a 0.5dB–15dB adjustable range
- HF band can be switched to a bell shape, with selectable frequencies covering high-midrange and high frequencies
- G-Series mode changes the LF filter to a second order with a degree of under and overshoot
- Tri-colour activity LEDs and individually bypassable EQ bands
- External sidechain I/O allows you to trigger the compressor with an external signal
- Configurable processing order ensures maximum flexibility
- Sleep and auto-sleep modes