Sennheiser | Ambeo VR Mic | 3D Audio Microphone | for Virtual Reality Applications
The AMBEO VR Mic makes capturing real spatial sound as simple as any stereo recording. You don’t need to set up several microphones – saving you time, money and manpower. Furthermore, using the AMBEO VR Mic means you’ll never have to add other sounds in the mix anymore to achieve stunning 3D sound.
Especially designed for 360° spatial audio recording, the easy-to-use AMBEO® VR Mic is an ambisonic microphone fitted with four matched KE 14 capsules in a tetrahedral arrangement. This special design allows you to capture the surrounding sound from one single point. As a result you get fully spherical ambisonics sound to match your VR video/spherical 360 content.
The AMBEO VR Mic is meant to work together with specialized high-end software and hardware. Ideal companions for the AMBEO VR Mic are, for example, field recorders like the Zoom F8, digital audio workstations like the Avid Pro Tools HD or the Cockos Reaper and binaural decoders e. g. from Noise Makers. Output is possible via HMD, VR Game Engine or 360° Social Media platforms.
- Dimensions 215 x 49/25 mm (L x D)
- Frequency response 20 Hz to 20 kHz
- Max. sound pressure level 130 dB(A) for 1 kHz
- Transducer principle Pre-polarized condenser microphone
- Weight 1.060 kg
- Microphone connector DIN12M, use enclosed adapter cable to convert to 4x XLR3M Polarity: Pin1 (GND), Pin2 (+), Pin3 (-)
- Pick-up pattern 4x cardioid, in A-format arrangement (1: front-left-up [FLU], 2: front-right-down [FRD], 3: back-left-down [BLD], 4: back-right-up [BRU])
- Nominal impedance Approx. 200 ?
- Min. terminating impedance 1000 ?
- Storage temperature -20 °C to 70 °C (-4 °F to 158 °F)
- Operating temperature -10 °C to 55 °C (14 °F to 131 °F)
- Equivalent noise level 18 dB-A as per IEC 61672-1 / 27 dB CCIR as per CCIR 468-3
- Power supply 4x phantom powering (P48) as per IEC 61938 (48 ± 4 V), 3.5 mA each
- Sensitivity 31 mV/Pa (-30 dBV)
- Operating relative humidity Max 90% at 40 °C
- Matrix reference Center of the capsule holder
- Mixing to B-format W = FLU + FRD + BLD + BRU / X = FLU + FRD – BLD – BRU / Y = FLU – FRD + BLD – BRU / Z = FLU – FRD – BLD + BRU