Apogee | Symphony Desktop | 10x14 USB-C Audio Interface
Flagship Sound Quality. Vintage Mic Preamp Emulation. Apogee Hardware DSP with Premium Plugins. Immersive Touch Screen Interface.
Symphony Desktop for Mac, iPad pro and Windows packs the legendary sound quality of Apogee’s rack-mount Symphony I/O Mk II into an elegant and inspiring 10×14 audio interface that sits on your desk and fits in your bag. With Symphony Desktop, musicians and producers are empowered to record, overdub and mix with the music industry’s most respected AD/DA converters and mic preamps. By combining superior performance, with new features like mic preamp emulation, the Symphony ECS Channel Strip plugin and ultra low latency recording with hardware DSP and Apogee native FX plugins, Symphony Desktop will amplify your creativity in your studio or on the go and give your recordings the Apogee sound quality Advantage.
Similar to Symphony I/O MkII, Symphony Desktop’s analog-to-digital convertor stage features ultra-low distortion, high-slew rate, fully differential analog op-amps plus a cutting edge A/D convertor in a performance-enhancing dual-sum configuration. Create with the confidence that every nuance of your analog input is faithfully reproduced in the digital domain.
Symphony Desktop’s digital-to-analog stage employs brand new technology to provide uncompromising Symphony DAC performance in a portable product, including a robust ultra-low distortion, high-current output driver. Regardless of downstream connections, Symphony Desktop provides a transparent, widescreen window into the sonic landscape of your mix.
At the core of the input stage, are Symphony Desktop’s mic preamps offering up to 75dB of gain. The preamp design features Apogee’s unique Advanced Stepped Gain Architecture which ensures ultra-low noise and distortion regardless of the source, from pounding kick drum to delicate fingerpicking on an acoustic guitar. With variable impedance settings on both mic and instrument inputs, Symphony Desktop optimizes the input stage to better match your specific devices, for deep lows and clear highs. Selectable Apogee Alloy mic preamp emulations adds character, attitude and maybe a bit of grit to your recordings.
Symphony Desktop has two completely independent ultra low impedance headphone outputs, individually routable, both equipped with dual-sum ESS DACs. Output power range is tailored to the expected type of headphones: the front panel output can drive virtually any headphones, while the rear panel output is specifically tailored for high-efficiency headphones.
When you’re recording and listening to your performance, you want inspiring sound quality, ease-of-use and no delay or latency in your headphones. With Symphony Desktop and Apogee FX, there’s no need to adapt your creative workflow to the restrictions of your audio interface and plugins, you choose the way you want to work. With Symphony Desktop you have a range of intuitive hardware and software control options. From the touch screen and control knob on the device, to the control app on your computer to the focused input and monitor control plugin for your DAW, you can easily access the settings you need to stay in your creative groove.
Like its iconic cousins Duet and Quartet, Symphony Desktop embodies an elegant aesthetic and intuitive user interface designed to compliment your studio and inspire your creativity. The streamlined form factor packs Symphony I/O grade rack-mount performance into a compact recording companion that looks great on your desk and the die cast aluminum chassis and treated glass touch screen are rugged and resilient enough for the road.
- Most affordable Symphony series interface ever
- Cutting edge components and circuit design
- Delivers detailed and pristine flagship sound quality
- 2 Advanced Stepped Gain mic preamps, up to 75dB of gain, variable impedance
- FET instrument input with electric guitar tube amp characteristics
- Apogee Alloy Mic Preamp emulation (Analog processing + DSP modeling)
- Includes British Solid State & 50s American Tube mic preamp emulations
- Built-in hardware DSP processing of Apogee FX Rack plugins
- Includes Symphony ECS Channel Strip Tuned by Bob Clearmountain
- Includes Symphony Reverb – Native version
- Flexible, zero latency plugin workflows: Print, Monitor and DualPath Link workflows
- Dynamic touch screen display for comprehensive hardware control
- 2 assignable headphone outputs: 1 x 1/4″, 1 x 1/8”
- 10 IN x 14 OUT simultaneous channels of audio
- MIDI over USB
- Digital I/O: 2 x Optical Toslink (ADAT,S/PDIF)
- Works with: macOS, Windows, iPad Pro