Universal Audio | UAFX ORION | Based on Echoplex EP-III Tape Delay w/ EP Preamp
or 4x fortnight payments of $57.00 AUD with ⓘ
1:1 Recreation of the Legendary Maestro Echoplex EP-III Tape Delay*
- Most accurate Echoplex tape delay emulation ever created
- 3 different EP-3 models
MINT - NOS unit with fresh tape and compander circuit
WORN - Vintage but well-maintained with slight tape use
OLD - Old unit with heavily worn capstans and tape
- 1:1 model of original unit including recording level and preamp
- Dedicated tape-flutter control ("Wonk")
- Optional EP-III Preamp colouration
- True Bypass / Buffered Bypass
- Analog Dry Through
The world's most authentic emulation of a vintage Maestro Echoplex EP-III* tape delay.
Emerging from our flagship Starlight Echo Station, Orion Tape Echo gives you the magical hazy delay effects of vintage '70s Maestro Echoplex EP-III tape delays, in a classy, compact package.*
Add Authentic Tape Delay to your Pedalboard
Thanks to the same no-compromise algorithms from our award-winning Starlight Echo Station, Orion gives you the rich, three-dimensional effects of a thoroughly emulated vintage tape echo — light years beyond other tape delay pedals in its class.
Enjoy Fat Vintage Preamp Tones
Perfect for boosting your echoes and adding punch to your entire sound, Orion's faithful emulation of the EP-III's legendary solid-state preamp gives you all the grit and attitude of the vintage effects unit, with one simple control.
Experience Analog Bliss with Tape Type, Wow, and Flutter
Choose from three sonically distinct versions of the EP-III with Mint, Worn, and Old machine types for color and vibe, and tweak the Wonk control for subtle-to-eccentric modulated repeats and funky tape splice textures.
Hit the Stage with a Rugged, Compact Stompbox
Built for decades of dependable performance, Orion Tape Delay gives you switchable true/trails bypass, Preamp off / on and analog dry through controls, for a trusted companion on your interstellar journey.
- Authentic emulation of a vintage Maestro EP-III tape echo in a compact stompbox*
- Perfectly captured analog preamp for fat, boosted tones and effects
- Selectable Mint, Worn, and Old tape machines for distinct colour and texture
- Wonk control for modulated repeats and vibey tape splice sounds
- Mono operation, true/trails bypass, Preamp off/on, analog dry through
- Timeless UA design and craftsmanship, built for decades of dependable performance
*All trademarks are property of their respective owners and used only to represent the effects modeled as part of Orion Tape Echo.
- Power requirements: Isolated 9VDC, centre-negative, 250mA minimum (sold separately)
- Inputs: 1 x 1/4” TS unbalanced
- Outputs: 1 x 1/4” TS unbalanced
- USB Type-C for updates via computer