Source Audio | AFTERSHOCK | Programmable Bass Distortion
or 4x fortnight payments of $55.75 AUD with ⓘ
The Only Bass Distortion Pedal You Need
Out of the box, Source Audio's Aftershock bass distortion pedal packs three potent overdrive engines to deliver tremendous tonal range that encompasses every flavor of dirt your bass could ever desire. The Tube engine serves up a powerful — yet subtle — vintage tube overdrive with creamy breakup and gobs of punch. Heavy spits out aggressive scooped distortion with crisp highs and massive lows. The Fuzz engine has an intense palette of germanium fuzz tones on tap, all of it sporting beaucoup bottom and gargantuan grit. Aftershock’s elegant, powerful control panel gives you the tools to finely sculpt your signature bass tones. Its Clean knob is a dry/wet blender that lets you mix in just enough clean signal to maintain rock-solid low end without affecting the pedal’s prodigious girthy growl. Adjust the onboard Tone control to find the sweet spot on the Richter scale for any bass/amp combination.
Wait, there's more!
In the previous paragraph we said "out of the box," and if that's all there was, the Source Audio Aftershock would be an absolutely killer bass distortion pedal offering tremendous tonal range — indeed, the only one most bassists would ever need. But there's more to this little tone-generating gem. As a member of Source Audio's One Series line, Aftershock is compatible with the Neuro Desktop Editor and Mobile App (free downloads for iOS, Android, Mac, and Windows). Connect the AfterShock via USB to the Neuro Editor, and you have access to extended EQ and stereo routing options, as well as Source Audio’s free library of 40+ overdrive, fuzz, and distortion algorithms for bass and guitar — each algorithm being directly downloadable to the pedal.
Fully MIDI compatible
As the Aftershock is built on dual-drive platforms, you have the option of simultaneously running, for instance, two fuzz tones in parallel; stacked or split in stereo. In addition, every One Series pedal is fully MIDI compatible when coupled with the Neuro Hub, which gives you the ability to save up to 128 presets. Sonically, it's among the best-sounding and most versatile bass distortion pedals we've heard (as you would expect, we've heard quite a few). If you're in the market, it definitely belongs on your short list.
- 3 distinct fuzz engines: Tube, Heavy, and Fuzz, selectable via toggle switch
- Preset mode lets you save a different preset to each of the 3 switch positions
- When the pedal is engaged, all parameters instantly jump to their saved value, regardless of knob positions
- Stereo Input and Output jacks let you distort upstream stereo signals, split a mono signal to dual outputs, or use the extra I/O as an external effects loop
- Stackable Dual Drive Engines and stereo I/O, (in conjunction with the Neuro App) let you stack any combination of drive engines in series or parallel as well as split the signal and send a separate drive engine to each of the outputs
- Universal bypass offers both analog buffered or relay-based true bypass
- External Control Input: compatible with Source Audio expression pedals, the Source Audio Tap Tempo switch (which also offers external switching), and the Hot Hand 3