RJM | Mastermind PBC/6X | Compact, Powerful & Flexible Controller
or 4x fortnight payments of $274.75 AUD with More info
The Mastermind PBC/6X is our response to all of our customers who said “I like the PBC/10, but I want it smaller, less expensive, and I want to be able to change loop order on the fly!”
The PBC/6X allows you to connect 6 pedals and have complete flexibility in choosing which pedals are on at any time, as well as the order of those pedals in your signal chain. You can also control any MIDI compatible devices and switch channels on most amps that use 1/4-inch switching jacks.
The Mastermind PBC/6X Features:
- 6 Audio Loops
- - Can go up to 11 loops if runs all in mono (Firmware update needed)
- The last three loops are stereo capable using TRS jacks
- Matrix switching for maximum routing flexibility
- Flexible output that can be mono, stereo, or used as an A/B/Y switch
- Mono Mixdown feature allows you to mix down your stereo output to mono when using with a single amp
- Two inputs, one with a switchable buffer
- 7 buttons, each with a Multi-Colour LED indicator
- Buttons are user configurable – any button can be set to any function and LED colour
- Easy to read backlit LCD display that can display preset and song names, plus other status
- Built in tuner
- MIDI connection, powered by the MIDI “brain” of our Mastermind GT controller. This MIDI port can be split into a MIDI input and output using a special Y cable
- USB device port for connection to a PC or Mac. This allows the Mastermind PBC to send MIDI commands to a computer, or to communicate with the Mastermind Editor software
- A 1/4-inch TRS jack that provides two function switches. These can be used to control the channel switching and other features on an amplifier, or for externally switchable features on certain pedals
- Expression pedal input that can be programmed to generate MIDI messages based on the position of the pedal
- External switch input allows two more switches to be added. These switches can be programmed to perform any function the internal buttons can
- Mac and PC editor software allows for faster and more comprehensive editing, including deep MIDI editing and changing button layouts
- 3 Year limited warranty
- 768 Presets
- 1000 Songs, 64 Setlists
- Can control up to 16 MIDI devices
- 20 MIDI messages can be assigned per button (PC, CC, Note, Sysex)
- Dimensions: 10.1 (w) x 4.4 (d) x 2.4 (h) inches (25.7 (w) x 11.1 (d) x 6.1 (h) cm)
- Weight: 2 lbs / 0.9 kg
- Power Requirements: 9VDC or 12VDC 220mA, Boss-type connector (center negative 5.5/2.1mm barrel connector).
Why is it called PBC/6X?
The “X” indicates that this is a matrix switcher, which means that you can change the order of loops. We wanted to differentiate the PBC/6X from the PBC/10, which is a relay switcher.
Why would I want the PBC/6X over the PBC/10?
- The PBC/6X is smaller, which allows it to fit on smaller pedalboards (or allows you to put more pedals on a big board!)
- The PBC/6X is less expensive
- The PBC/6X has the ability to change its loop order on the fly
Why would I want the PBC/10 over the PBC/6X?
- The PBC/10 has more: 10 audio loops (4 stereo), 2 insert points, 3 buffers, 4 function switches, 11 buttons
- The PBC/10 has an internal line mixer that allows you to use parallel effect routing
- The PBC/10 has individual left and right outputs, and the right output has an isolation transformer and phase switch
- The PBC/10’s layout has more space in between buttons and a larger LCD
- The PBC/10 uses relay switching which allows you to use it without any buffers. Matrix switching needs a buffer in front of it when used with a standard guitar
Why doesn’t the PBC/6X have a line mixer?
The PBC/6X doesn’t include a line mixer (parallel support) like the PBC/10 does because the goal of the PBC/6X was to reduce the size and cost. Having a line mixer would interfere with those goals. However we do sell a Mini Line Mixer and you can use that with the PBC/6X to run up to 3 effects in parallel.