Creation Audio Labs | Holy Fire 9 | Overdrive & Distortion w/ Clean Boost | 3-in-1 Gain Device
or 4x fortnight payments of $87.25 AUD with ⓘ
Transparent GAIN, dynamic smooth OVERDRIVE, thick rich DISTORTION
The Holy Fire 9 is groundbreaking.This ultra-wide bandwidth pedal responds exactly like a tube without changing your tone. And it's unbelievably quiet.
Clean Boost - from off to +12dB.
Overdrive - analog wave shaping tube simulator technology.
Distortion - Hard edge clipping circuitry.
Hi-cut filter to shape edges for vintage speaker simulation.
Unique LED interaction indicates the transition to wave shaping.
Pristine buffered bypass, True bypass optional.
Uses 9VDC 250mA* standard centre-negative 5.5 x 2.1mm barrel connector.
Small footprint 3.1" x 4.25".
Typical distortion relies on ridiculous gain and clunky forced-clipping, which creates unwanted noise. Which in turn needs to be filtered out—and that makes for thin, nasal tone. But the Holy Fire 9 uses proprietary wave-shaping circuitry to give you all the tube-tastic crunch you could ever want with all of your tone, intact. No added noise.
This makes the Holy Fire 9 overdrive distortion a very musical pedal that responds to your touch. Play with a softer attack and velocity for a cleaner sound, or dig in to get as much grit as you want. You control the effect with your playing dynamics and the volume of your instrument. Great for guitar or bass! Like a tube preamp in a pedal, but without the bulky, fragile and expensive tubes and transformers.
Quick Start Guide
1. Start with "G" (Gain) at around noon to 2 o' clock, "O" (Overdrive) and "D" (Distortion) all the way off (Counter-Clockwise) and the "~" (Hi-Cut) all the way up (Clockwise). At this point as you click the pedal in and out the sound should be pretty much the same.
2. Then as you turn up the "O" the level will increase and begin to overdrive. You may want to turn down the "G" to keep the volume at unity.
3. Then as you turn up the "D" the sound will begin to clip and past 2 o' clock it will start to compress and you may want to bump-up the "G" to make-up a little volume.
4. The "~" Hi-Cut control will shave off the highs as you turn in down.
5. The "O" and "D" knobs interact with each other to create unique blends of the two.