Goodwood Audio | LongLine | Pedalboard Friendly DI / Line Driver | w/ Isolation & Phase Control
or 4x fortnight payments of $68.75 AUD with ⓘ
Stereo Balanced Outputs, Global Summing, Ground Lift and Phase Correction.
Both the XLR outputs and 1/4" outputs are mirrored. This means that the Left XLR and 1/4" output will see the same signal and the Right XLR and 1/4" output will see the same signal.
This also means the sum pushbutton will work across all outputs (XLR and 1/4").
The XLR outputs on LongLine can be used for two main purposes regardless of what summing mode you are using:
1. DI - You can use the XLR outputs as DIs and plug straight into a sound desk, interface, DAW.
2. LongLine - Tube amps sound great when they are pushed. A lot of venues / studios don't have the ability to facilitate loud amp levels during gigs. With LongLine you can send your guitar signal up to 300 feet (90 meters) to your amp without signal loss. This means you can run your amp in a completely different room, or building and ideally turn it up as loud as you need to get the best tone out of your rig. Use RCV to convert your signal back to unbalanced 1/4" right before your amps input.
LongLine has two types of summing: Stereo Sum and Split Sum. To access these two modes, use the internal DIP switch to select which mode is best for you. You can also access Mix Mode with the DIP switches as well. The Sum switch is global - it acts across all four outputs - XLR and 1/4".
1. Stereo Sum (DIP Sw UP) – This is the default mode LongLine ships with. In this mode use stereo effects as normal. When summed, the left and right inputs are merged and the exact same signal is sent to the left and right outputs.
2. Split sum (DIP Sw DOWN) – Still use stereo effects as normal. When summed, the right input is ignored and the left input is split to both left and right outputs.
3. Mix Mode - With the left DIP UP and the right DIP DOWN you are in mix mode. In this mode you can take signals from two different sources (Maybe a dry signal coming into the left input and a wet signal into the right input) and mix them. This is different to summing, so please use this mode if you want to mix!
GROUND LIFT & PHASE CORRECTION
LongLine comes standard with ground lift and phase on the XLR outputs and optional ground lift and phase on the 1/4" outputs. Assuming the option on 1/4" outputs has been chosen, the ground lift and phase push buttons will work on both the XLR and 1/4" outputs at the same time!
- Ground Lift – A ground loop is never a welcome sound - a loud buzz when two amps are being used at certain venues - but it doesn't have to waste your time. Simply push the black pushbutton on Interfacer and the ground loop will be eliminated!
- Phase Correction – When using multiple amps it is possible that the amps being used are out of phase with each other. One speaker is moving in while the other is moving out. Correct this easily by pushing the black and red pushbuttons in - inverting the phase on one amp by 180 degrees.
ALL LONGLINES ARE MADE WITH HIGH QUALITY, DURABLE COMPONENTS.
Current Draw/Power: 75mA, Center Neg 2.1mm
LongLine Dimensions: 120mm x 94mm x 34mm
Input Impedance (Left In, Right In): 1Meg
Output Impedance (1/4" Outputs): 500ohms
Output Impedance (XLR Outputs): Low
DI SPECS (When using LongLine as a DI)
Freq. Response: 20Hz - 20kHz
Dynamic Range: 93dB
Low Output Impedance