Walrus | MAKO Series D1 | High-Fidelity Stereo Delay Pedal
or 4x fortnight payments of $114.75 AUD with More info
The Walrus Audio D1 is as infinitely tweakable as a digital delay pedal can get. The initial entry into the company’s Mako series, this multifunction stompbox delivers five studio-grade programs — all tuned for the ultimate in high fidelity. It doesn’t matter what flavor of delay you’re reaching for — crystal-clear digital, swirling modulation-drenched, warm vintage-inflected — they’re all in there. The D1 supplies complete control over your effect. With it, you can dial in your attack, craft otherworldly ambient soundscapes, explore various time subdivisions, and that’s just for starters! The D1 boasts nine onboard presets, with a total of 128 available via MIDI. Tap tempo and dual tempo modes make keeping in sync a breeze, while multiple bypass modes enable you to specify how your repeats fade. You also get a momentary function that enables ear-grabbing ramp-up effects. If you’re a delay connoisseur, the Walrus Audio D1 is sure to please.
Five programs unlock an entire universe of delay effects
The D1 includes five programs: Digital, Modulation, Vintage, Dual, and Reverse — an entire universe of delay effects at your disposal. A 3-way Tweak toggle unlocks an exciting array of textures. Mod injects your trails with tasteful modulation. Tone brightens or darkens your effect. And Age soaks your repeats in vintage-style grit. Create all sorts of interesting rhythmic repeats with the subdivision switch, including quarter, eighth, and dotted eighth notes. D1’s Attack control determines how hard or soft the attack of your echoes are. You also get Time, Repeats, and Mix controls that determine your delay time, delay feedback, and wet/dry mix, respectively.
128 MIDI-switchable presets provide gig-worthy operation
The Walrus Audio D1 includes nine onboard preset slots. What’s more, up to 128 presets are accessible via MIDI, making this digital delay stompbox a great choice for complex, pro-level live rigs. The onboard presets are readily accessible with the bank switch, and you can cycle between them by pressing Bypass and Tap simultaneously. The pedal’s Tap LED gives you at-a-glance confirmation of which preset you’ve selected — it changes from red to green to blue. And any adjustments you make will change the LED to purple to show that you’ve edited the preset. This extensive preset management makes the D1 a truly gig-worthy effects pedal.
Multiple bypass and tempo modes ensure maximum flexibility
Three different bypass modes give you complete control over how your repeats fade. True-bypass switching safeguards your tone from coloration when the pedal isn’t being used. DSP+True Bypass preserves your trails when the effect is disengaged. You also get a DSP Bypass setting. Selectable global and preset tempo modes ensure that your repeats always land on the right beat. Global mode keeps the tempo the same when you change presets. Preset tempo retains the delay time that was stored when the preset was created. And the D1 includes a Tap footswitch that makes keeping in sync as easy as tapping your foot.
- Infinitely tweakable digital delay guitar effect pedal
- 5 high-fidelity studio-grade programs: Digital, Modulation, Vintage, Dual, and Reverse
- 3-way Tweak toggle unlocks an exciting array of textures: Mod, Tone, and Age
- Subdivision switch includes quarter, eighth, and dotted eighth notes
- Attack control determines how hard or soft the attack of your echoes are
- Time, Repeats, and Mix controls regulate your delay time, delay feedback, and wet/dry mix
- 9 onboard presets are readily accessible with the bank switch and footswitches
- Up to 128 presets are accessible via MIDI for complex, pro-level live rigs
- 3 different bypass modes enable you to specify how your repeats fade
- Global and preset tempo modes ensure that your repeats always land on the right beat
- Tap footswitch makes keeping in sync as easy as tapping your foot
- Momentary function enables ear-grabbing ramp-up effects