SIRE Larry Carlton | L7 Goldtop | w/ GigBag | Goldtop Finish
The L7 is built in close likeness to the classic single cut and it shows in wood selection. It's made using a solid mahogany body and neck combo with a stunning maple top. The set neck joint and “C” shape neck work in tandem to provide excellent access to the upper frets and smooth transition across the ebony fretboard.
Things get even better with the rolled edge fretboard edges, which make it feel like you're playing a guitar four times the price. Add in the medium jumbo frets and 12 inch radius, and you've got the best of both modern feel and old school style.
Hardware on the L7 is of an incredibly high standard. The premium locking tuners keep the L7 as precise as can be, even when throwing in big bends and heavy doses of vibrato. At the other end, you've got a trusty Sire-designed Modern Tune-O-Matic bridge for accurate intonation.
Sire worked closely with Larry Carlton to create the Modern humbucking pickup set. These deliver outstanding transparency throughout larger chords and excellent single note sustain. Both contemporary players and vintage rockers alike will find balanced, warm tones capable of finetuning to your specific needs.
- Body Material: Mahogany + Hard Maple/Flamed Veneer
- Body Shape: Sire LP-Style
- Neck Material: Mahogany
- Neck Shape: C-Shape
- Scale: 24.7"
- Fingerboard Material: Ebony / Rolled Fretboard Edges
- Fingerboard Radius: 12"
- Frets: 2.7mm Medium Jumbo
- Binding: Ivory Binding
- String Nut: Bone Nut, 43mm Width
- Inlay: Wh.P Trapezoids Shape
- Neck Joint: Set-Neck Joint
- Pickups: Larry Carlton Modern Humbucker Set
- Controls: 2 Volume, 2 Tone (each pickup), 3 Way Toggle
- Knobs: Brown Top Hats Knob
- Bridge: Sire Modern Tune-O-Matic & Aluminium Stop Tail Piece
- Tuning Gear: Sire Premium Locking Tuner
- Hardware Finish: Chrome
- Pick guard: Ivory