Apogee | ENSEMBLE | Thunderbolt | 30×34 Audio Interface | w/ 8 Mic Preamp on Board
Apogee Ensemble is the first Thunderbolt 2 audio interface to offer superior sound quality, the lowest latency performance and the most comprehensive studio functionality all in one box. Made for the professional home or commercial studio, Ensemble features legendary Apogee AD/DA conversion, 8 Advanced Stepped Gain™ mic preamps, monitor controller functionality including talkback, front panel Guitar I/O, two headphone outputs and digital connectivity for a total of 30 x 34 I/O.
You can connect up to four Apogee Ensemble Thunderbolt units from a single Thunderbolt port on your Mac for a total of 40 analog inputs with 32 mic preamps and 8 instrument preamps. A multi-unit Ensemble Thunderbolt system is ideal for tracking any live performance that demands a high channel count, incredibly low latency and unsurpassed performance.
Ensemble delivers the full potential of Thunderbolt 2 performance with the lowest latency, unmatched CPU efficiency, 2 ports for expanding your system and a revolutionary 32-bit playback signal path.
Ensemble’s proprietary Thunderbolt driver has been written from the ground up for Mac OS X Mavericks, resulting in unmatched performance and efficiency. Latency has been reduced to an astounding 1.1ms round-trip, allowing you to monitor through your DAW, plug-ins included, simplifying your workflow and leveraging the power of your Mac. Even when your session’s DSP demands require a higher buffer setting, Ensemble’s ultra-low latency means no longer having to choose between power and speed.
- 8 Mic preamps with up to 75 dB of gain and Advanced Stepped Gain circuit
- Thunderbolt connectivity for ultra-low latency (1.1ms round trip with Logic Pro X)
- Front panel Guitar I/O with Class A JFET inputs, dual mode re-amp outputs
- Talkback functionality with built-in mic and control button
- 2 PurePower headphone outputs
- 10 separately assignable analog inputs
- 16 analog outputs of premium Apogee conversion
- Core Audio optimised DMA engine frees up Mac CPU for plugins and software instruments